Wednesday 19 December 2012

Happy Christmas

Now that all my cards have been sent and received, I can share this year's designs with you.

 I paint a full sized painting, then reduce it, manipulate it slightly in Photoshop if necessary and then print as many as I require for the majority of friends, colleagues and clients to whom I want to send cards. I also use the main design to create an e mail card which I use to send mainly to clients.
In addition to this I paint card sized paintings to send to my daughter and a couple of very special friends....my piano  teacher, Liz, and my exhibition/ painting partner, Jan.
This year the theme of the special paintings was all the same, but each one is an individual one-off design.
I would be the first to admit that thinking of something new every year can be a bit of a challenge.

I was enormously flattered by the response I got from an ex colleague to whom I sent an e mail greeting this year, and she wrote back to ask for a hard copy, as she has saved all my cards over the many years since we worked together, and they are all hung on her bathroom door where they continue to give her pleasure all year and frequently give rise to lovely comments from her visitors. I was very happy to oblige!

This was my printed card, which some of you might recognise from a previous post. I try to be seasonal rather than religious so that I never give offence.



The three cards below are the 'specials', all called 'Frosted Berries', one of which may become the mass produced card next year if I fail to think of anything better!







May I take this opportunity to thank all of you who look at my blog, thanks for all the comments, and may I wish you all a very happy Christmas and a peaceful and prosperous New Year.
See you in 2013

5 comments:

  1. All are good but the three bottom ones are exceptional and match any commercial productions at whatever price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Peter. I am glad you like them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Yvonne! The cards are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Laura, Greetings to you and yours, see you in 2013

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so adore these frosted berries and would not have thought of them as a Christmas card, but having seen them now am enamored with them. I keep looking at them trying to guess how you painted them, background first or berries. Just lovely .

    ReplyDelete