Wednesday 22 August 2012

The Exhibition

Wow! What a week and a half it has been. I am both exhausted and exhilarated at the same time. The whole exhibition was a huge success and when I get back down to earth it will be the inspiration I need to get painting again.






The Chapter House is the most beautiful room to use for an art exhibition, it is so easy just to prop the paintings on the Cannons seats around the room, and although the morning light is a little dark until the sun is above the window levels, the paintings do look great. Although I say it myself I was enormously proud of how it all looked.

I am really pleased by the amount of work that was sold and delighted that I was able to contribute to the Cathedrals coffers (They take 15% of sales which is very good) Hopefully I will continue to be asked back each year and already have next years date.

During the course of the 10 days there were some quiet moments so I enjoyed myself by painting a couple of images. The visitors, especially the children enjoyed watching me. I painted some poppies (which was finished too late to mount and frame) and some sunflowers ( which sold instantly!). I will keep the sunflowers for a later post, but have included the poppies below. Hope you like it!


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely delighted that the show was a success. How many of the pictures sold? At the moment there are reports in our area of the bottom having dropped out of the market.
    The latest here is another lovely piece and demonstrates why you are able to command both an audience and the interest of collectors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked the painting Mick. I was delighted to sell 53 paintings. This composed 25 framed and 28 unframed, and 30 boxes of cards (8 cards to a box) I think that at club level there is very little movement at the moment, so many people taking up painting and so many clubs or groups. We never do a deal at our group exhibitions, where mainly locals are out for a day or an afternoon. However, at Wells, there is an enormous footfall and they are all or mainly folks on holiday with a bit to spend in their pockets. They are not out to buy art, but can be tempted with reasonably priced, affordable pictures as a souvenir of their holiday. As my prices start at £10.00 and go up to £120.00 there is something for everyone, even the tourists from abroad. It is the venue that is so important.

    ReplyDelete